A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Lutradur Part 2

I painted some Lutradur using Jacquard paints with Liquitex Iridescent Medium added for some sheen:



And layered the Lutradur with organza, then stitched some leaf shapes using Free Motion stitching:





And cut out using the stencil tool (forgot to mention that you need to use cotton threads for this, because rayon or poly threads will melt!):


Finished leaves ready for my quilt:






Some other ones I made last fall using a dead leaf as my template, and some orange organza on top of  lutradur:




See you tomorrow for my last post of the month!


6 comments:

  1. Your leaves are lovely. Don't limit yourself to cotton thread though, Rayon & Viscose come in fabulous colours and are both made from wood pulp, a naturally-occurring, cellulose-based raw material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a quilter and making these leaves and other shapes will be a great addition! heARTsCreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! I really must look into a stencil cutter... that is a great way to get those angled cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you used actual leaves as your templates. Sometimes I draw them and I'm not always satisfied so I will take a cue from you! Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.