A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My #1 favorite tool

My computer. My life would be devastatingly diminished without my computer and my internet connection. I have always been a curious person and the computer has the answer to almost all of the things I want to know. I can learn from a multitude on Youtube or spend some time on DMTV with the Kemshalls or visit any artist and click on images of their work. On my browser (address bar) I can type in a question and Time/Warner will electronically whisk me to the answer. In fact I can make art with a stick in sand but answers, oh my, are all it for me.

I love color and I use dye and wax to to create colors and images on fiber along with  my 4' X 8" printing table and silk screens. I also love the Dollar Tree and can find all the cheap tools I want there.





This will sound like heresy on this blog but I could live the rest of my life quite happily with my watercolors, pens , pencils and sketchbook.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder, Beth! One of the greatest learning tools we have is the internet... like having a library right in our homes, and it's open 24/7/365!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you challenged me how to write about MY favourite tools which happen to be the my pencils and my computer - a coincidence?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell I have been on Facebook too much lately. I was looking for the "Like" button after Tie-Dye Judy's comment! Thanks for sharing some of your favorite tools, Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could live the rest of my life happily with... my computer!! I so agree with you. I'm glad a wrote my post (planned for sunday) before reading yours, because the number one tool for me, is my computer, but it is such a integrated part of my being, that I didn't realize to mention it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.