A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Monday, November 5, 2012

Getting Ready--Quilter Beth

I'm so excited to get started with the technique for this month. I gathered my materials this afternoon. I have a piece of base fabric approximately 17" X 28", some gauze I hand dyed awhile back, some silk sari strips, some heavy string (I don't have any cording.), and some plastic rings (I'm thinking I might be able to hand sew them under the base fabric. Of course, I know that I'll need to keep my sewing machine away from these rings.). I'm hoping to have time this evening to add the "puffs" into the fabric. I'm not sure that I'll actually use all these supplies (particularly the yellow rings) but these caught my eye.

My son is getting married this weekend, and we are leaving for a "destination wedding" in a couple of days. I won't be able to work on it for awhile, but I will be giving it some thought while I'm gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.