A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Free-form Blocks--Quilter Beth

I finally had a chance to cut into the remaining portion of this quilt top. I removed the outside blocks and cut into those first. (I posted those results earlier.) I left these nine blocks together, because I wanted to see how different the results would be if I worked on a larger unit. These are the nine blocks I left together.
I went from the above nine blocks to this...
I liked this better than what I started with, but I didn't like the big white strip in the middle.
The strip was really too narrow to cut apart, so I used a fabric dye stick to put a blue "strip" down the middle. I liked it better but was still underwhelmed.
Then, I did some more cutting and added some black and white striped fabric along with two of the blocks I had previously transformed. I think this is something I can work with.

4 comments:

  1. This is very cool! Love all the energy and warmth of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing like black and white to work miracles! Very cool - and much more energetic and interesting than the original.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is amazing what the striped fabric did!
    Sandy in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found that black and white really make it sing!

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.