A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

My last fugitive media piece



Hi there, Kit Lang here.  When I left you last, I had used watercolour pencil-crayons, watercolour crayons and a little charocal on my flower.  After it dried and I had ironed it to set the colours, I cut out the petals and fused it to a background composed of two pieces of my hand-dyed fabric.


I also used a micron pen to write the script on the right. 

I'm really pleased with this first experiment using fugitive media, and it will be something I develop for use again and again.

Further explication of the piece and what the writing is at my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am glad you showed the gold leaf pen. I am off to your blog to read about it. I have a gold and silver one, but haven't been brave enough to use them yet.
    Sandy in the UK

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.