A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Monday, June 27, 2011

A little more screen printing

During my last trip to Goodwill I found 6 beautiful brocade napkins in perfect condition for $2. 

I had wanted to do some screen printing with some leaves from the backyard and I immediately thought these napkins were just the fabric.  This is only the first layer but what do you think of the six of them?

4 comments:

  1. These turned out really nice. I can't wait to see what you do with these next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see you have been bitten by the orange bug. Must have been transmitted by that orange sea glass!! I love your beginning and can't wait to see where you go next. Hope we will get a step by step.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judith, what type of paint or dye did you use to screen print these?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used fabric paint--can't remember the brand. One was gold and the other was copper. I sloppily switched from one paint to the other without cleaning my screen. I also unevenly mixed them with prochem extender base to make them a bit more opaque. I personally like the variance in opacity and shades.

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.