A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The last of the marbling

Remember I told you that I had created even better marbled fabric at Rosalita's?  I now have them back and can show them to you.




I didn't post the pictures in order.  I did the orange/blue/brown one first and then the other three.  See how I moved from just trying to cover the surface to trying to make a more specific pattern on the surface?  I thought that was showing some added sophistication in my rudimentary technique.  I want to try marbling again but use some fabric that I have already dyed once and see if I can get the marbling and the dye patterns to coordinate some.  Anyone try that?
Judith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.