A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Last of Charlene's Shibori

Here are the last pictures of Charlene's shibori. Alas, on Monday I have to give them all back to her.  She counted them before she loaned them to me so I can't even "forget" one or two of them. They are in no particular order other than my favorite is first.

 This is a fold and stitch resist method named Ori-nui.  Charlene says when it is done right it will look like a row of teeth.

 This is another stitch resist method.  On this one Charlene used a pleater to gather the fabric evenly before dyeing it.

 I should have shown you this one yesterday when I showed you the other chevron piece. This one has a tag that says to iron 1" pleats all in the same direction before wrapping.

 A nice example of fold and clamp.


Last, this piece shows multiple techniques. The background is a potatoe dextrine resist.  The white is a stitch and gather technique.  The piece is large enough that when I was a little chilly in my office this last week, I wore it as a shawl.  Looked good on me!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, these look like they take a lot of patience to do! The last one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed - that's a lot of stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.